mharc-users

Ideas for filtering Netsky virus...

2004-02-26 08:24:59
All,
  Every time a new virus comes along that we get hit with, I usually
hand modify bin/mk-procmail to add a filter to keep virus attachements
from getting into the archives I've got.  I just took a look at the
Netsky virus info
(http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32(_dot_)netsky(_dot_)c(_at_)mm(_dot_)html)
 and it seems to be quite massive with the number of possible subjects, bodies,
attachments and so forth.  So, I was wondering if anyone here has thought of a
good way to filter the virus.

Also, I added a simple spam catcher which might be worth adding to the
main script.  It simply checks the X-Spam-Flag header for YES.  Our mail
system uses spamassassin to pupulate the X-Spam-??? headers.  It could
be made an option to turn on or off via the config file.
--
Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst

Without freedom of choice there is no creativity. -- Kirk, "The return
of the Archons", stardate 3157.4