mharc-users

Re: lists.def question

2004-12-17 14:45:28
On December 16, 2004 at 13:07, Andrew Sarangan wrote:

I am running an email archive, and some of the emails on the list do
not seem to have a 'To:' field. Fixing that is not an option because it
is not within my control, but I would like to archive those messages
along with the rest of the messages. There are other fields in the
messages, such as 'Sender:' and 'Received:' and 'Reply To:' that are
unique to the email list. How can I reconfigure the lists.def to use
those fields? Currently it appears that the mharc uses the 'To:' field.

The Address: option in lists.def will apply to any recipient-based
field (e.g. to, cc, bcc).  I.e.  Procmail's special TO_ regex is
used (see procmailrc manpage for specifics on which fields TO_
matches).  Mharc also will also check Delievered-To and List-Post.

If you have mail that can only be distinguished by the From: fields
of the messages, then you can use the From-Address: option in lists.def.
You can combine it with Address: if you need to check for "to" and
"from".

If neither Address: or From-Address: is sufficient, then you can
explicitly define your own procmail rule by using the Procmail-Condition:
option.

Have a look at the mk-procmailrc manpage for more information on
the options available in lists.def.  A version of the manpage is
provided in the mharc distribution and it is also available at
<http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/bin/mk-procmailrc.html>.

--ewh