mharc-users

Re: lists.def changes

2005-05-11 13:21:17
(Note: This actually belongs on the mharc-users list.)

On May 11, 2005 at 12:14, Wayne Clement wrote:

I got mharc-0.7.3 installed and working.
I got a few emails archived (20 or so) and i wanted to make changes in
the lists.def file to archive them diferently. But it keeps archiving
them to the old settings and i cant get it to rebuild the archives
ether.

Changing lists.def will not change the location of email already
archived.  To do that, you need to move the messages in the MBOX_DIR
area.

A 'make rebuild' does not refilter mail already in MBOX_DIR.  All it
does is rebuild the HTML archives, using the mbox archives as the basis
for the rebuild.

You can try the following to get what you want:

* Manually edit the mbox archive area in order to move the messages
  to the desired location.  If you only have a few messsages to move
  around, this may be the best option.

* Refilter: To refilter, you basically do an "import" operation using
  the existing mbox data.  To do this, move the mbox files you want
  to refilter out of the MBOX_DIR area and do a import operation
  on that data using the .newmail method (note, you should probably
  delete msgid.cache to avoid mharc silently ignoring the messages).

--ewh