mharc-users

Re: URIs in Namazu list dependent

2005-05-29 12:51:53
Uwe E. Bilger (uwelists(_at_)u-b(_dot_)de) wrote:
Adding a dummy public mailing list won't do the trick, since
/mailman/private seems to be hardcoded somewhere.

yeah -- you'd have to first change mailman to properly serve up
publicly-accessible archives without a mailman-password challenge, as
covered here:
http://www.byz.org/~sev/Tech/integrating-mharc-and-mailman.html#mailmanprivate
(which is what the dummy list would be neccessary for)
...but then you'd have to figure out some way to apply your
other-password-authentication-scheme to the /mailman/private/[dummy-listname]/
URL, which seems perhaps less straightforward.

Could you run a separate namazu to make the search index for this list?
Mhonarc's bin/mk-search-index is pretty straightforward; it seems like
you should be able to call namazu in a similar way separately with
slighly different arguments, for that one list.  You'd want to disable
search index building for that list in lib/lists.def, and then set up
a separate cron job to make indices for that one list.

It's a shame that my mailman-integration solution partially spoils the
mhonarc installation for other-purpose use.  It does seem like we
should be able to make this work without an entire 'nother mhonarc
installation.  I'll be revisiting that text in the next few months as
I've got another box that I need to implement on it, so I'll keep your
scenario in mind when I try to bring the directions up-to-date. :)

sev

--
 *** sev(_at_)byz(_dot_)org can also be found at http://www.byz.org/~sev ***
 "The `loner' may be respected, but he is always resented by his colleagues,