mharc-users

Re: [approved] MHonArc integration with Mailman

2005-09-13 13:39:50
Quoting Elvis Fernandes (elvisfern(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com):

   I am trying to setup a discussion archival system, where the discussion
   between users in a mail-list can be browsed on a webpage.
   On searching the web, it seems like MhonArc can do this.

   I have setup mailman, and can access the mail-lists using a browser.

   It seems that mailman is POP, and hence there is no inbox.

I use Mailman integrated with MHarc, and it works just fine.  I have
subscribed a 'mailarch' user to my mailing list and Mharc checks that
mailbox and generates the archives.  It works very well, and was easy to
setup following the instructions.  You do lose the password-protection
feature of the built-in Mailman archive system but there are ways around
that also.

Note that I am referring to MHarc, a related software to MHonarc, they are
not the same thing:  http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/

dave