mhonarc-dev

Re: [Bug #2080] Redundant substitution

2002-12-28 16:22:23
Gunnar:
This is line 495 in mhtxtplain.pl:

    $chunk =~ s/\n/<br\n>/g;

It was added in revision 2.26, and I suppose it should be removed.

Earl:

This is not a bug.  The substitution exists to deal with
subtle formatting characteristics of browsers.  Although
it looks redundant, it generates output that properly
reflects the formatting of the orginal data

I don't know which browsers you have in mind, but according to my tests, Mozilla, NS7 and Opera seem not to be affected, while rendering by MSIE and NS4 does *not* reflect the original properly: All blank lines are ignored.

It appears to be a high price.

/ Gunnar