Earl Hood wrote:
I use Galeon, which uses the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine.
Without the substitution, some line breaks are "lost" due to the
inherent rendering characteristics of the browser (i.e. line breaks
after a start (<pre>) tag and before a close (<pre>) tag are typically
At the end of this message is the test mesasge text I test against.
I used it for testing the flowed and fanyquote.
Okay, by help of your test message I now see that, if you comment out
line 495, some blank lines are lost in a Gecko browser when doing
'fancyquote' conversion. But your test message also proves that this
issue must be taken care of using some other method.
Attached to this message you find a .zip file with two fancyquote
conversion examples where your test message was used. The first example
was converted using the current code, while I used a modified
mhtxtplain.pl when converting the second example.
Even if the source code differs, you don't notice a difference between
the examples in a Gecko browser. But if you view example 1 with Internet
Explorer, the page is screwed up.
In the modified mhtxtplain.pl file I used, I had commented out line 495,
and added this "post-processing cleanup" code for fancyquote:
$ret =~ s/(<pre[^>]*>\s*)([^<])/$1\n$2/g;
Description: Zip compressed data