mhonarc-dev

RE: Archive Conditional Site Initialization?

2003-01-05 22:38:26
[snip]

Some option processing occurs after site initialization which requires
registered callbacks in site initialization for conditional
processing by
archive.  Please don't tell me wrapper is the answer...

[snip]

mhasiteinit.pl is kind of a hack, so mucking with it may not be
the best long term solution to your problem.

Plus, what is the objection to a "wrapper" script?  Providing a
custom front-end would allow you to execute custom code after
option processing but before input is processed.  Example:

[snip]

Normally, I have no problem with wrappers with a well-defined API.  I want
to stay away from implementing undocumented MHonArc calls.

Will 2.6 preserve 2.5x API or will we have to re-write our apps to upgrade?

Thanks,
Rick