mhonarc-dev

Re: <br>'s in format=flowed

2005-06-03 08:36:12
On 6/3/05, Jeff Breidenbach <jeff(_at_)jab(_dot_)org> wrote:

Seemingly, this shouldn't be necessary - that is the whole point of
format=flowed, to allow SR's.  Is there a switch to tell mhonarc to
only <pre> wrap text/plain fixed, but to *not* wrap flowed (instead
just dropping SR's and converting HR's to <br>'s).

Users complained about MHonarc 2.6.10 doing exactly this, since
multiple spaces get consolidated down to a single space. This
tends to corrupt things like ASCII art and python source code.
I think there's a recenly closed bug entry on Savannah about this.

Couldn't this be solved simply by converting extra spaces to &nbsp; 's?

As an aside, it seems that format=flowed alone is pretty rare - most
MUA's either send text/html as well (which mhonarc prefers) or
text/plain fixed.  Is this correct?

Incorrect, format=flowed is reasonably common.

I wasn't clear.  The majority of the time that I have seen
format=flowed, it is along with text/html - which mhonarc will prefer.
 How often do you see format=flowed by itself?

I'm a little curious, what are you working on?

I'll PM you.
Cheers,
Jeff