mhonarc-dev

Re: Would like to create a new MHonArc release

2005-07-20 11:06:11
On July 19, 2005 at 23:49, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

(1) Run a spellcheck. There's some typos, for example

    practive -> practice
    inorder -> in order
    negligable -> neglibile

That's what readers are for :)

(2) Use MIMEINCS and/or MIMEEXCS

    It's not clear to me whether this is faster than the
    somwhat similar functionality available from
    m2h_external::filter; excludeexts=

If a part is excluded at the initial parsing level, then
CTE decoded is not performed.  Also, there are some
semantic differences between using MIMEEXCS/MIMEINCS and
the excludeexts option.  See the m2h_null::filter for
an explanation.

(3) Use FIELDORDER

    Mybe this is just of interest to my case, but it's not
    clear to me whether this is relevant if fields are
    completely repressed using
    <Excs Override>
    .
    <Excs>

The performance is slightly more efficient if using FIELDORDER
without -extra- than relying EXCS.  For example:

  <FieldOrder>
  </FieldOrder>

Prevents mhonarc from even iterating over any of the header fields.

--ewh