mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc problem under DOS, continued

1996-04-17 12:02:02
Earlier I reported a mhonarc problem to Earl Hood that I should have reported
to the to the mhonarc mailing list. He kindly  forwarded  forwarded the message,
at the same time adding some questions. I am now answering that questions,
and some
questions later added by Steve Pacenka. This message is formulated as a reply to
the message by Steve Pacenka. I hope one of you can help me.
C. (Kees) Huygen.

Earl advised a PC user:

Answers to the following questions may help in solving your
problem:

     o  What version of perl are you using?
"BIGPERL"      Perl 4.0M4 patchlevel 36       October 24, 1994
(works allright with the WEBLINT-script)

     o  What version of mhonarc are you using?
DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time  Version 1.97
     o  What system/OS are you using?
MS-DOS version 6.22

     o  Does the mhonarc.db file exist from your first run?
yes

  o Since mhonarc puts its output files into the current directory
    of the current drive by default, on the second time around,
    are your default locations the same?
yes

2) command and output:
\perl\perl \mhonarc\mhonarc test1.mbx

DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time  Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990-1994
Requiring MIME filter libraries ...
       mhexternal.pl
       mhtxthtml.pl
       mhtxtplain.pl
       mhtxtsetext.pl
Converting messages to .
Reading test1.mbx ...............................
Writing mail ...
Writing .\maillist.html ...
Writing .\threads.html ...
31 messages

Just to make sure, could you browse the messages via loading maillist.html
into a WWW client package?
yes

3) So far so good; all expected files are there.
Update does not succeed however:
\perl\perl \mhonarc\mhonarc -add test2.mbx
DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time  Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990-1994
ERROR: Unable to read .\mhonarc.db

Shouldn't happen unless  mhonarc.db is absent from the current directory/drive.

-- SP

In fact, it happens only when  mhonarc.db is present in the current directory.
Apparently its presence is detected, but the program does not like it.
One of the work-arounds I tried is deleting mhonarc.db before attempting to add.
That works in so far that all the new HTML-files are made, but the index
doesn't fitt
 any more. Indexing later does not seem to be possible.