mhonarc-users

Re: Problem with rft attachements

1996-09-16 07:30:14
At 12:59 PM 9/16/96 +0000, you wrote:
*>>>>Hendrik Klompmaker said:
*> > Hi,
*> >
*> > I'm new to this list so I might be asking a faq. Anyway I have a problem
*> > with MHonArc 1.2.2 running on Linux 2.0.18, majordomo 1.35.4.3 and sendmail
*> > 8.7.5/8.7.3
*> > Whenever I send a message to a list (majordomo) containing a rtf
attachement
*> > and convert that message with MHonArc, the rtf file is in the body of the
*> > message and not, like other attachements, converted to a linked file.
*> > The resource file contains
*> [...]
*>
*>Well, in your example mail the RTF part is declared as Content-Type
*>text/plain. Therefore mhonarc does exactly what it should. :-) To
*>fix this make sure that the user that attaches the RTF part uses
*>
*>      application/rtf
*>
*>as content-type then mhonarc knows that the contents is RTF. By
*>default it will then write the file to an external file:
*>
*>/local/mail/mhonarc > grep -i rtf *
*>mhonarc:        "application/rtf",              "m2h_external'filter",
*>
*>Hope this helps,
*>Achim

Achim,

Thanks for your reply (again). I found a way to control the mime mappings in
Eurdora
(the mappings section in the ini file). Now it sends the rtf file as
application/rtf
but then MHonArc seems to have some problems with this type since it doesn't
seem to
be able to retreive the original file name. The HTML page shows a link 'RTF
file'
pointing to a file rtf####.rtf (#### is a number).
The message contains the following:

Does this mean that the content type etc. is set wrong in this case or is it
some strange behavior of the m2h_external'filter.

Bye

Hendrik
|************** Wageningen Agricultural University. ************|
|  Department of Information Management and Datacommunication   |
Hendrik Klompmaker: Senior Technologist
Internet          :
Hendrik(_dot_)Klompmaker(_at_)Net(_dot_)IenD(_dot_)Wau(_dot_)Nl
X400              : c=nl;a=400net;p=surf;o=wau;ou1=IenD
                  : ou2=Net;s=klompmaker;gi=hendrik
Phone             : +31 (0)317-484059
Fax               : +31 (0)317-482970
Snail             : Dreijenplein 2