mhonarc-users

Followup about cryptic error

1996-10-23 12:24:55
I found the message that caused the MHonArc hang (at least deleting it
solved the problem), and the header was:

From owner-czm  Tue May 21 20:19:38 1996
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:32:23 -24000

The last line is weird, but changing it to something like

Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:32:23 -0500

didn't solve the problem. In any case, the error message

"Reading /export/home/silvert/spool/czm .....Day out of range 1..31 in
timelocal.pl"

didn't give me much to go on in spotting the problem.

I finally removed the first "Received:" line and that did it. Was it the
extra space in front of the 3 in "June   3", or the lack of a newline?
In any case, it wasn't very friendly about it!

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577