mhonarc-users

re:no subject (commercial spamming using MHonArc generated listings)

1996-11-05 07:59:57
Philippe wrote:

...just because their address was made
available worldwide through the archive.

I share this concern.  Is there a known way to make the archive & not
allow such abuse ?

Simply use the resource file configuration and remove the original poster's
email address
from the HTML output of the message.  You have complete control over the
appearance of the
HTML output, thanks to some outstanding foresight by Mr. Hood.

See the docs at:

http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/message.html

and look at the EXECS section.

--
Thanks!

Herndon Elliott
NLOS Project Office
TEL 205-842-8657  DSN 788-8657
Fax 205-842-0811  DSN 788-0811
Amateur Radio: KE4KUZ
Internet:  helliott(_at_)redstone(_dot_)army(_dot_)mil (work)
           helliott(_at_)traveller(_dot_)com (home)
|These opinions are mine and not those of my |
|employer unless specifically stated as such.|