mhonarc-users

Undefining IDXSIZE once set

1997-03-07 12:54:08
I'm having some trouble with IDXSIZE- I set it to 35 while experimenting
with multi-page indices, but now that I've turned them off it's still
stuck on 35, and I can't set it back to the original "unlimited"
default. Running mhonarc with "-idxsize 0" doesn't work; apparently it
doesn't set $IDXSIZE internally since $opt_idxsize tests as 'false'. I
know I can do it in a resource file but I'm going to be calling mhonarc
from cgi scripts so I'd like to keep things in the command line.

I ended up making this minor change and it seems to do what I intended
(by setting "-idxsize -1"), although now it obviously doesn't quite
match the documentation:

*** mhonarc~    Fri Mar 07 12:23:29 1997
--- mhonarc     Fri Mar 07 12:33:07 1997
***************
*** 359,365 ****
      $IDXNAME  = $opt_idxfname   if $opt_idxfname;
      $IDXPREFIX        = $opt_idxprefix  if $opt_idxprefix;
      $IDXSIZE  = $opt_idxsize    if $opt_idxsize;
!       $IDXSIZE *= -1  if $IDXSIZE < 0;
      $OUTDIR   = $opt_outdir     if $opt_outdir; # Set again to override db
      $MAILTOURL        = $opt_mailtourl  if $opt_mailtourl;
      $MAXSIZE  = $opt_maxsize    if $opt_maxsize;
--- 359,365 ----
      $IDXNAME  = $opt_idxfname   if $opt_idxfname;
      $IDXPREFIX        = $opt_idxprefix  if $opt_idxprefix;
      $IDXSIZE  = $opt_idxsize    if $opt_idxsize;
!       $IDXSIZE = ""  if $IDXSIZE < 0;
      $OUTDIR   = $opt_outdir     if $opt_outdir; # Set again to override db
      $MAILTOURL        = $opt_mailtourl  if $opt_mailtourl;
      $MAXSIZE  = $opt_maxsize    if $opt_maxsize;

Is this a bug? I looked in the docs but couldn't find any way to do this
from the command line. Altering the .mhonarc.db file manually worked as
well but just doesn't seem the right way to do things.

Thanks...

--
Scott E Kullberg <*> sekullbe(_at_)newscorp(_dot_)com <*> News Internet Services
                The lobsters of fate are mighty indeed.