mhonarc-users

Re: -rmm, -modtime

1997-03-18 16:36:06
[Digital Unix V3.2c, mhonarc 2.0b3, perl5.001m]

I discovered that -rmm rebuild the whole archive.  Have I missed
a switch that prevents the complete rebuild of the archive?

Nope.  -rmm is an expensive operation.  I have not bothered to
optimize it.  Note: Automatic message deletion is smarter and
only updates files that are required.

Another problems is that -modtime switch I used to build/add is ignored
by -rmm.   All msg* files now have now have an 18-Mar Date.  I used:

      mhonarc -rmm 1356

This is a bug.

On the other hand pgp* and bin* file dates seems to be okay.

Because they are never touched.  The only time they are messed
with is when they are first created and deleted.

There was also (now removed :-) a problem with the (wrong?) date
   Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 02:00:00 -1812
The message was always the last one in the maillist.html file
(most recent message has Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:49:56 -0700)

I'll have tool into this one.  The hour offset is not a round
number and this may play a role.

Achim
P.S. The silly -single -rmm 0 is not caught by the option logic and gives:

    ../../../2.0b3/mhonarc -single -rmm 0
    Undefined subroutine &main::MAILread_file_header called at
          ../../../2.0b3/mhonarc line 1190.

Then stop doing silly things :-)