mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc.db errors

1997-04-09 23:10:50
Hello Glenn,

We (collectively, not royally :-) ) had this problem on our system
some time back.  Turns out there was a message with a ' in the
Subject line, and when MHonArc stored that ' in its dbfile it
mistakenly read it as a string terminator for the value in the
hashtable.  As I recall, the solution was to edit the mail file
and escape the offending apostrophe before rebuilding the archive.

YMMV,
Eric

: G'day,
:
: I'm running Mhonarc v2.0 beta 3 under DEC Unix 3.2c on around 50 lists, =
: and sometimes my cron=20
: that runs Mhonarc returns the following error:
:
: ---
: Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at=20
: /users/itstaff/list/html/secure/ITC125/.mhonarc.db line 38.
: syntax error at /users/itstaff/list/html/secure/ITC422/.mhonarc.db line =
: 30, at EOF
: Warning: Could not parse date for message
: Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at=20
: /users/itstaff/list/html/secure/WebDevel/.mhonarc.db line 34.
: ---
:
: I understand the date error, but the terminator stuff has me confused.
: Can anyone offer any thoughts on what could be wrong?
:
: Regards,
: _________________________________________________________________________=
:
:  Glenn D Fieldus                 =20
:  Systems Programmer (Security)=20
:  Systems Management Unit
:  Division of Information Technology,          email:
gfieldus(_at_)csu(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au
:  Charles Sturt University           http://ares.riv.csu.edu.au/~gfieldus
:  PO Box 588, Wagga Wagga                    phone: (Aust: 61) 69 33 4433
:  NSW, 2678, AUSTRALIA.                      fax:   (Aust: 61) 69 33 2454
:
:
:            A yer ago I kudnt spel progremr now I are won.
--
Eric D. Friedman
friedman(_at_)uci(_dot_)edu