mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc.db errors

1997-04-10 18:20:37
We (collectively, not royally :-) ) had this problem on our system
some time back.  Turns out there was a message with a ' in the
Subject line, and when MHonArc stored that ' in its dbfile it
mistakenly read it as a string terminator for the value in the
hashtable.  As I recall, the solution was to edit the mail file
and escape the offending apostrophe before rebuilding the archive.

This problem should not exist in 2.0b3.  The quote problem was fixed
awhile back.  The only way it should be a problem now is if the
.mhonarc.db was created by an old version of mhonarc and then 2.0b3
was used later to process it.

      --ewh

Hi Earl,

I have only just started to use MHonArc, and the very first release I installed
was 2.0b3.
...I'm still to have a look for the offending apostrophe in my mail folders -
will check it out
today.

Regards,
 Glenn D Fieldus
 Systems Programmer (Security)
 Systems Management Unit
 Division of Information Technology,          email:
gfieldus(_at_)csu(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au
 Charles Sturt University           http://ares.riv.csu.edu.au/~gfieldus
 PO Box 588, Wagga Wagga                    phone: (Aust: 61) 69 33 4433
 NSW, 2678, AUSTRALIA.                      fax:   (Aust: 61) 69 33 2454

           A yer ago I kudnt spel progremr now I are won.