mhonarc-users

Re: msg00000 conflict problem

1997-05-07 17:29:27
I am very happy with the results, save for one small problem that I can
almost live with, but it's bugging me. About 2/3 of the time when
mhonarc -add runs, it thinks that the message "msg00000" is available,
and tries to re-use it. It's not available, so this ends up causing a
couple of problems; one of which is that my OUTDIR accumulates files
like these:

-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  1388 May  1 09:10 h2/xxx00005.xxx
-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  1408 Apr 30 14:21 h2/xxx00004.xxx
-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  1584 Apr 30 11:55 h2/xxx00003.xxx
-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  4259 Apr 28 08:02 h2/xxx00001.xxx
-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  4259 Apr 28 08:02 h2/xxx00000.xxx
-rw-rw-r--  1 daemon  daemon  1698 Apr 21 10:04 h2/xxx00002.xxx

These files come from the mhexternal.pl filter when there is
a content-type it does not recognize.  See if you can tell what
the data really is.  There should be some messages with links
to these files.  You can use 'grep' to see if any msg*.html
files have links to any of these files.

And of course there are errors in the topic links. I'm not a terribly
experienced perl programmer, but as I look over the code it appears to
me that the problem is in get_last_msg_num; somehow it is incorrectly
reporting $max to be 0 instead of a much larger number.

Has anybody else experienced this problem, and is there a known
workaround? I can probably butcher the code so that it never returns a
value of 0 for $max, but that's fixing the symptom and not the problem.

There was a user awhile back with a similiar problem.  I believe
the problem was due to a bad port of Perl on the system he was
using.  If you can, could you provide what system you are using
(uname -a), what version of perl you are using (perl -v), and
what version of mhonarc you are using (mhonarc -v or -help).