mhonarc-users

Re: Request for configurability of .htm/.html extension

1997-05-30 12:06:10
  From: Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu>

  The next release will provide such a resource.  Also,
  a MSGPREFIX will be added to control the prefix given to
  message files (eg. You can remove the 'msg' in each message
  filename).

Will MSGPREFIX have access to enough variables so that one
can

<MSGPREFIX chop>
/$ARCHIVE_ROOT_PATH$/year$YYYY$/month$MM$/msg
<MSGPREFIX>

Whoa!  MSGPREFIX will not work this way.  Its basic function is the
ablility to override the 'msg' prefix given to filenames.  No variable
interpolation is done, path information should not exist, and
whitespace is automatically stripped.  MSGPREFIX is a simple
enhancement.

Supporting what you have will take more work and I am not sure the
current code base is suited for it.  It would probably complicate the
computation of next/prev, and probably other, resource variables.  And
I would bet that there are dependencies scattered about that would make
things difficult.  An idea to consider when I start the redesign
effort.

        --ewh