mhonarc-users

Re: Memory

1997-06-30 10:06:15
We are using mhonarc 2.1.0, IRIX 5.3 and perl 5.003. When the mailbox-files
get big (~ 11 Mb) the mhonarc is using alot of memory:

    PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
  14668 www       -5    0  294M  190M run    17:00  1.02%  1.77% mhonarc

Is this a bug?

No, its a feature designed to test how robust your system is :-)

Is there any option we can set to make mhonarc less memory?

-savemem

Unsure on how effective it is, but it tells MHonArc to not
store converted message data into memory.  The option causes a
slow down, but should save process space.  Note, information to
create indexes and navigational links are still kept in memory.

A thing to note is that Perl has its own overhead.  I would
bet the split in readmail.pl is not efficient when it comes to
memory.