mhonarc-users

Re: Multipage

1997-10-29 16:56:05
(Note, keep discussion to list when applicable)

In other words there are no way to force un update of all index pages?

The -editidx can be used, but it is too expensive.  You can
do an easy modification to the code to make mhonarc redo all
the index pages during an add.  Just sent the $IdxMinPg
and $TIdxMinPg variables to 0 before the write_*_index routines
are called.

    SORT     => Sort by date
    SUBSORT  => Sort by subject
    AUTHSORT => Sort by author

To do message number sorting, specify NOSORT.

I mean the following. I have specified <SUBSORT> but I got the
following index sort:

30.LLORO COMO UNA MUJER
31.LO HAN VISTO CON OTRA
32.A LO MEGATA
33.LOCA

I know MhonArc tries to do a smart sort: "A LO MEGATA" sounds like an
follow-up or a reply-to "LO HAN VISTO CON OTRA", but it is not. It
would be nice to get some not-smart sort.

In sorting, beginning articles are ignored, and "a" is an article in
English, but may not be in other languages.

In your case, you do not want that.  You can change the
$ArtSubjectStripExp variable in mhutil.pl to list articles
relevant to the appropriate language the messages are using.
If you want no article stripping, just set the variable
to "\s+".