mhonarc-users

Re: Email address harversters?

1997-12-04 02:47:40
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 paul(_at_)cue(_dot_)com wrote:

I haven't been able to keep up with this group for awhile but need
to ask anyway:

Is there any reason to be concerned about spammers 'harvesting'
email addresses from WWW archives? Any good defenses?

Thanks!

--Paul T.

There are so many easier ways to collect email addresses that I doubt
scanning and parsing www archives would be very tempting.  You could argue
that having the intact mailbox files available on the net is a bad thing,
because they can be parsed quickly and easily...

yuji
----
yuji(_at_)cs(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu