mhonarc-users

Re: Email address harversters?

1997-12-04 03:20:55
Yuji Shinozaki says:

There are so many easier ways to collect email addresses that I doubt
scanning and parsing www archives would be very tempting.  You could argue
that having the intact mailbox files available on the net is a bad thing,
because they can be parsed quickly and easily...

I would rather argue that there seems to be programs out there (I've
never seen one though) that are for specifically going through a web
site and extracting all the email addresses. So I am wondering if this
is anything to be concerned about.

--Paul T.

--
Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit