mhonarc-users

adding new messages: Memory Fault

1997-12-16 16:27:28
Hello, MHonArc users--

There is a message in the MHonArc mailing list archives from David Carlin
dated 14 Jul 97, in which he describes:

I'm running MHonArc v2.0.1 under SunOS 4.1.3_U1 with perl v5.004 and
Majordomo v1.93.  I have the following command in /etc/aliases to
archive a majordomo listing:

"|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -rcfile /data1/mhonarc/logo.rc -outdir
/data1/
www/Web/archives/majtest"

But when I send mail I get the following error:

Writing mail ..sh: 3144 Memory fault
554 "|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -rcfile /data1/mhonarc/logo.rc -outdir
/data1/
www/Web/archives/majtest"... unknown mailer error 139

When I type the command at the command prompt, I can archive a whole mailbox
just fine.

There does not appear to be a reply in the archives, and hence I am
asking again, but with a few refinements:

I have run across the exact same error, and have been able to isolate it
as follows:

* Putting the pipe command in a .forward file works under all circumstances
  (so far as I can tell).

* Using a sendmail alias for the pipe command gives the following behavior:
        * new messages                  (die with the memory fault)
        * forwarded messages            (die with the memory fault)
        * bounced (redirected) messages (go through mhonarc without a problem)

This is occurring on a DEC Alpha running Digital UNIX 4.0B with
perl5 (5.004.01) with 384 MB of RAM.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

        David

|David Friedlander / Hughes STX / Code 664
dpf(_at_)egret(_dot_)gsfc(_dot_)nasa(_dot_)gov  |
|Energetic Gamma Ray Experiment Telescope, Compton Gamma Ray Observatory &  |
|Laboratory for High Energy Astrophysics System Administration              |
|NASA/ Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD  20771    (301) 286-1129  |