mhonarc-users

Re: Wrong number of messages being parsed.

1998-02-10 18:20:26
anthonyw wrote:
 When I run mhonarc on a large message archive that I have, the number of
messages being parsed is less than the number reported by Pine. Pine says
that there are 896 messages in the mailbox while mhonarc says that it has
processed only 694.

I have played with using a strict msgsep resouce as gleaned from the FAQ
but this does not have an effect.

I have also searched the mailing list archives withoud finding anything
similar.

Do you have any insights on this?

Just a guess: could it be that you have doublicate messages in the archive?
Is what's the difference between:

        grep -i '^message-id:' my.mbox | sort | uniq | wc -l
and
        grep -i '^message-id:' my.mbox | sort | wc -l

Is it in the order of 200?  If it's the case mhonarc simply does not
count doublicate messages.

Achim

Mhonarc 2.1.1
SunOS elvira 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

or

OSF1 V3.2 62 alpha

Procmail is used to automatically file messages into folders.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony