mhonarc-users

Possible Bug: Missing messages in indices

1998-02-11 21:36:23
I administrate a mailing list archived with Mhonarc (v2.1.0, my build,
Solaris 2.5.1).

The mailing list is being indexed both by date and by thread, and is
being split across multiple pages (MULTIPG & IDXSIZE of 100).

We are witnessing an indexing bug as follows:

If k messages are in the archive, messages k-1 and k-2 are missing
from both indices.  A new post bubbles the missing messages up one.

Below is my mhonarc.rc file.  Here is the URL for the "by date" index:

<http://www.infospheres.caltech.edu/mailing_lists/dist-obj/maillist.html>

Note the missing messages by just checking the link names.  Messages
_are_ being processed and archived correctly, only the indices are
munged.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have checked the mailing list archive back 6 months and see no
reference to this problem.  Searches of the Mhonarc list have not
revealed anything of note.  Perl v.5.004_04 (my build) is being used.

Thanks,

Joe Kiniry
--
Joseph R. Kiniry       A1 F9 C5 8C B3 43 54 20 FA 20 63 80 53 C3 6D 85
California Institute of Technology           ID 78860581   ICQ 4344804