mhonarc-users

Re: Bug: a particular mail message causes MhonArc to hang

1998-02-16 12:27:05
(Sorry for late reply, but better than never)

The following mail message in an archive causes mhonarc to fail to terminate
(runs forever (AKA an hour) with the CPU at 100%)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956 21:41:17 +0000
--------------------^^^^

timelocal.pl (and Time::Local in Perl 5) cannot handle years before
1970 or after 2037.  timegm() should return -1 if it cannot translate a
date to time_t format, but I believe there is a release of Perl5 that
will hang if a bad year (looks like timegm gets in an infinite loop).

I'm working on a bug fix release, and it will now warn if a bad year
occurs to prevent problems with timegm().