mhonarc-users

Blocking spam

1998-02-23 14:03:11
Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> writes:

None of us like spam, but I would not go to this extreme (yet)...

I agree, and restricting the list to subscribers would be a nuisance for
those of us with multiple accounts. However Majordomo has some excellent
spam filters which can be used to reduce spam greatly. Since this list
runs under Majordomo, I'll be happy to make my taboo_headers and
taboo_body lists available to Earl, the list manager, or anyone else who
would like them (well, I'll qualify that -- I'm not eager to place them
in the hands of spammers!).

Bill

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577