mhonarc-users

Re: pulling data from the mhonarc databases...

1998-04-22 11:53:31
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:46:54 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach<chuqui(_at_)plaidworks(_dot_)com> wrote:

Has anyone tried this? I'd like to be able to pull out and possibly
manipulate data in the mhonarc databases, so I can generate things
like on-the-fly HTMLized digests (one thing I'd like to offer users
is the ability to be e-mailed a Table of Contents, and then they'd
could click on URLs to bring up articles that intereset them. since
I've already got the articles in mhonarc, extending it seems like a
perfect thing -- but I need to be able to programmatically get, say,
"subject/author/URL" for all messages posted in the last "N" seconds
(or minutes, or hours. Basically, since a previous timestamp). then
format and mail the ToC.

any thoughts on whether this is practical?

Practical and not difficult.  Merely have MHonArc produce a data
index, and then post-process that index to generate your digest
version.

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw(_at_)null(_dot_)net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net