mhonarc-users

adding new messages

1998-04-26 01:43:22
I am using Majordomo to archive incoming messages for a list called
"sample".  I created the initial MHonArc archive/database manually. That
worked fine. Now I am trying to add messages to the archive as they
arrive. Majordomo is archiving the messages, but for some reason the new
messages are not being added. I figured that it must be something in my
aliases file. I have included the file below. I realize that there is
much more that I can do with Resource Files and variables, but I am just
trying to get the basics down before I work on that. Thanks for any help
you can give me. I have only been using MHonArc 1 day. Hypermail began
to cause problems.

Christopher Adams
cadams(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com

#sample-archive: "|/usr/local/mail/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -f
/usr/local/mail/lists     \
/sample.archive/sample -a", "|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -outdir
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/   \
samp /usr/local/mail/lists/sample.archive/sample"

I have included \ at the end of lines to show continuation of the lines.
I DO have it all on one line.
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htodcs/samp is the directory I am writing to.
/usr/local/mail/lists/sample.archive/sample is the mailbox that I am
archiving from. It is my understanding that I need to scan that mailbox
each time, since I am archiving  to that file. Then MHonArc scans it for
new messages and adds it to the MHonArc database.