mhonarc-users

Re: some questions

1998-07-13 17:40:08
On July 13, 1998 at 23:00, Udo Steinegger wrote:

Now I played around several days with mhonarc and my archived
mailinglists. It works fine. There's just one thing I still don't get
working: I'd like to have a thread tree sorted by date ...like for
every month  and/or every day. LIke this:

  June 1998:
   o  Mail
      - re: mail

  or likt that for every day.

This should be additionally to the thread view and the date view that
is there by default :)

For the main index, use DAYBEGIN and DAYEND resources.

For the thread index, it is not applicable.  By the very nature of
threads, such resources have no meaning.  Since any thread can span
multiple days, how would the formatting be done?  Threads can define
a non-chronological linear listing.  Date sorting of the thread index
only applies to the roots of threads, under each root, the listed
messages can span multiple days in a non-linear fashion.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME