mhonarc-users

Re: Javascript and HMonArc, avoiding problematic characters.

1998-08-07 12:39:04

On August 5, 1998 at 00:10, Werner Teeling wrote:
I'm making a rather complex interface for a mailarchive,
and I'm using a lot of Javascript in it.
Characters as " ; } { ] [ in for instance subjects cause a lot
of problems if you use them in arrays and hidden fields.

At 07-08-1998 (04:44 +0200), Earl Hood  replied:
Could you provide some examples on what you are tring to do?

Not online, not yet. Exam in one week. And this is part of it.

- I have a search which is performed by Javascript, for the time being.
(Just a temporary solution  !) If there is a " in subject OR sender, it's
not possible to put that data in an array.

- I load the names of the senders (separate author index) and put their
names in a dynamic popup.

[EH]
I figure for JavaScript support, all that needs to be handled is
quoting characters.  I.e.  Something like a message's subject
should be treated as a string and not as a literal.

Only the quote character caused problems so far.
Well, I do not now if []{}.; etc. will give problems.

[EH]
I have added a :J modifier to resource variables to escape
quote characters for JavaScript usage for v2.3.  Is something
else needed?

Is something similar to <EXCS> an option ?

<JSEXCS>
"
.
[
]
</JSEXCS>

Maybe even given the character to replace it with ?

But I guess there are other people on this list who have more knowledge of
Javascript...

Yours,

Werner.
___________

Another question : during processing it says

Writing :wt:mmout:maillist_search.html ...
# Warning: Unrecognized variable: "") != -1){
        alert("Search is invalid! Contains a '"
Writing :wt:mmout:maillist_search.html ...
# Warning: Unrecognized variable: "") != -1){
        alert("Search is invalid! Contains a '"
Writing :wt:mmout:maillist_search.html ...
# Warning: Unrecognized variable: "") != -1){
        alert("Search is invalid! Contains a '"
Writing :wt:mmout:maillist_search.html ...
# Warning: Unrecognized variable: "") != -1){
        alert("Search is invalid! Contains a '"
Writing :wt:mmout:maillist_search.html ...
# Warning: Unrecognized variable: "") != -1){
        alert("Search is invalid! Contains a '"
Any idea ?