mhonarc-users

Re: permissions question?

1998-09-21 15:16:46
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Mark Rosenberg wrote:

I'm pretty new to all this and was wondering if someone could help me
figure out what's going on? What do I need toodo so that the permissions
will get set in such a way as to allow view ing of the fiels by a web
browser?

$ ls -al /var/www/htdocs/lists/test1
total 44
drwxrwxrwx   2 markr    staffgrp     512 Sep 21 08:42 .
drwxrwxr-x   8 webmasterstaffgrp     512 Sep 20 22:56 ..
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles     7508 Sep 21 08:42 .mhonarc.db
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles      175 Sep 21 08:42 frm00000.html
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles     1369 Sep 21 08:42 maillist.html
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles     5625 Sep 21 08:42 msg00000.html
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles      497 Sep 21 08:42 nav00000.html
-rw-------   1 alias    nofiles     1197 Sep 21 08:42 threads.html

If you set read permission for world with
 chmod a+r *
it will work as long as the files are accesible for the web server.

If your create the archive by hand run
 umask 022
before running the script all files will be world readble. Or do the
equivalent in the mhonarc script.

Mats Dufberg
Mats(_dot_)Dufberg(_at_)abc(_dot_)se