mhonarc-users

Tool for editing a message's subject line in place?

1998-11-18 10:15:14
Hi there,

Does anyone have a tool for editing the subject line of a mail-message in
the archive? Such a tool would have to edit the the message file itself and
the links to and from the message in the following and previous messages as
well as the link to the message in each of the index files (there are places
I'm omitting, that's why I'm asking this question :-).

Before someone objects to this on philosophical/legal grounds, let me say
that the application I have in mind is the correction of messages in an
archive of business data, submitted in a structured format from a web-form.
No one's rights are being infringed, nor is history being rewritten in "Big
Brother" style.

Kevin Noonan                    (desk 3B27, ext. 2182)
"Your legal concepts of property, expression, identity, movement, and
context do not apply to us. They are based on matter, there is no matter here."
- from "A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace", by JP Barlow.