mhonarc-users

Re: TIMEZONE defaults

1998-11-20 16:45:51
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Earl Hood wrote:

On November 18, 1998 at 10:00, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

Are timezone acronyms not standardized?

I could not find anything official back when I first coded MHonArc.

In RFC 822 there is the following definition:

     zone        =  "UT"  / "GMT"                ; Universal Time
                                                 ; North American : UT
                 /  "EST" / "EDT"                ;  Eastern:  - 5/ - 4
                 /  "CST" / "CDT"                ;  Central:  - 6/ - 5
                 /  "MST" / "MDT"                ;  Mountain: - 7/ - 6
                 /  "PST" / "PDT"                ;  Pacific:  - 8/ - 7
                 /  1ALPHA                       ; Military: Z = UT;
                                                 ;  A:-1; (J not used)
                                                 ;  M:-12; N:+1; Y:+12
                 / ( ("+" / "-") 4DIGIT )        ; Local differential
                                                 ;  hours+min. (HHMM)

In the draft for the RFC 822 replacement time zones not epressed by four
digits are considered obsolete.

Note, I do welcome a more complete acronym list with offsets.  I
am also interested in any acronym conflicts.

For mail I guess that RFC 822 has the only definitions.

Mats Dufberg
Mats(_dot_)Dufberg(_at_)abc(_dot_)se