mhonarc-users

No more forbidden messages

1998-12-03 11:04:00
Dear Chris,

Thanks to your help (and Earl's and Al's) I got the invoking command
working. Finally, I put this in .procmailrc:

Great!  I'm glad that things are working (almost).

I apologize for the delay in reading this.  Somehow I missed your message
and just found it while cleaning out my mailbox.

The only thing is that everytime a new message is mhonarched, this is
not world-readable and it says:

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /intercam/listas-
    html/microempresa/msg00001.html on this
    server.

  With chmod-ing, I can make the file world-readable but obviously I do
not want to do this every time. So please offer your help one more
time!

Try using the -umask flag with mhonarc.  i.e. 'mhonarc -umask 022 ...'

Thanks to you, Earl and all the others. It is OK now!

One final question on the .procmailrc:

What happens if I decide to change the lay-out of my html-messages
through the rcfile in case my list contains f.e. already 100
messages?

I won't be able to adjust the lay-out of the 100 already html-
converted messages, will I?.

And since procmail only temporarely stores the mails in STDIN, there
is no way to do monarching all over again with the 100 messages,
using the new rcfile, is there?

Many thanks again!

************************************
FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO!
   *
  ***
 *****
*******
   *
Bert Hiddink
FUNDACION GALILEO
Correo electronico: hiddink(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
Sitio: http://www.sipromicro.com
Tel. +506 280 8683
Telefax. +506 280 8847