mhonarc-users

File Overwriting in 2.3.3

1999-03-12 20:33:48
MHonArc 2.3.3 is working for me, but I'm having trouble with the usename and
subdir argument-strings, and the icons are not working.  The main problem is
that attachments to email messages that have the same name (e.g.,
comments.doc) overwrite the previous attachment with the same name
(comments.doc).
I thought upgrading to v2.3.3 would solve this, but I'm probably missing
something?

Here's my test archive:
http://www.knowledgeispower.org/output/maillist.html
Here's the directory contents of the MHonArc output:
http://www.knowledgeispower.org/output/

Some Details:
*       Subdirectories are only created for certain messages but I cannot
view/download the attachments to messages msg00005 and msg00006 in IE40, but
I can open them in Netscape405. For example:
http://www.knowledgeispower.org/output/msg00019.dir/Index11-03-98.xls
*       Msg000030, 31, and 32 each contained a different file called
comments.doc but the comments.doc in msg00032 (the last one) overwrote the
first two files.
*       Msg000020 came out strange.
http://www.knowledgeispower.org/output/msg00020.html There were eleven
attachments but only two of them ended up in the msg000020.dir.

*       Here's the MimeArgs portion of my resource file:
                <MIMEARGS>
                application/msword:usename
                m2h_external::filter;usename subdir
                </MIMEARGS>

*       Here's my command line:
                ./mhonarc /users/u2/kipower/inbox   -outdir
/users/u2/kipower/public_html/output   -rcfile
/users/u2/kipower/mhonarc/progs/mh-rcwsm.rc  -nothread

*       I'm using Perl5:
                shell11.ba.best.com% perl5 -v
                This is perl, version 5.004_04 built for i386-freebsd
                Copyright 1987-1997, Larry Wall
                Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the
Artistic License or the
                GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl
5.0 source kit.

*       The Server:
                shell11.ba.best.com% uname -a
                FreeBSD shell11.ba.best.com 2.2.8-STABLE FreeBSD
2.2.8-STABLE #94: Mon Jan 25 22
                :17:31 PST 1999
dima(_at_)tick(_dot_)best(_dot_)net:/src/src/sys/compile/BEST  i386

Any help that's provided would be greatly appreciated!

Wade McCartney
      415-703-2167
      wsm(_at_)cpuc(_dot_)ca(_dot_)gov