mhonarc-users

Re: Using MIME

1999-07-08 16:08:57
On July 8, 1999 at 11:37, hiddink(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com wrote:

So I put in the resource file I use (icons.mrc, which comes with Mhonarc 2.4)
 the
following:

<<MIMEArgs>
--^
text/html;
<</MIMEArgs>
--^
I assume these extra <'s are not really present in your resource file.

BTW, the above has no effect.  You may want to look at MIMEFILTERS.

As a result, my messages are now printed in the default font face (I think Ti
mes
Roman). And when I prepare I message with my mailer program (Pegasus 3.2) and

make it up it with bold, italic, colors, etc and send it to the server, the r
esulting html-
page respects beautifully of the lay-out I had prepared for my email-message.

This is because the content-type of the message is specified as text/html
which will cause MHonArc invoke the html filter (assuming default settings).

However, I want now to achieve the same  result, but with a message send thro
ugh the
my web-form.

So I adapted a bit the Perl-script. Instead of:

    print MAIL "$print_config: $Config{$print_config}\n\n";
I put:
    print MAIL "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    print MAIL "<<b>$print_config:<<b/> $Config{$print_config}\n\n";
------------------^-----------------^--^
Some bogus characters?

The idea is that now all paragraph headers are printed in bold. However, Mhon
arc does
not seem to accept this. It shows the brackets <<>, using &lt;b&gt; as the ht
ml-code
for these characters.

The content-type is probably not defined correctly for the message.

What could be done to correct this?

When you print the "Content-type: text/html", it *MUST* be done
when printing the message header.  I do not know formmail.pl, but
I would guess you are printing the content-type line in the
wrong location.  Check where fields like "To:" and "Subject:" are
being printed, and put the content-type line there.