mhonarc-users

is windowing still kicking around?

1999-11-12 01:56:42

A long time ago, there was a discussion of making MHonArc
work with windowing - for example, having new messages only
thread against the most recent thousand messages in an archive.
The idea was that things might go quicker for small additions to
large archives.

Is this idea still kicking around? The reason I ask, is that I am
thinking about MHonArc performance again, and I see the possible
improvements as:

a) switch to a better filesystem like reiserfs
b) faster hardware, both storage and processor(s)
c) split up big archives

If windowing is a possibility in the long term, I'll
let a and b and keep me busy.

Jeff