mhonarc-users

Re: Deleting Mail frm Pop Account

2000-01-26 14:45:19
In <024501bf6792$61459720$e8f5f6ce(_at_)aplusdata(_dot_)com>,
anthony(_at_)aplusdata(_dot_)com <anthony(_at_)aplusdata(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is it possible to automatically delete the mail MHonArc copies from the
pop
account during a normal daily archive?

In <029d01bf6825$0423d8c0$d5f5f6ce(_at_)aplusdata(_dot_)com>,
john(_at_)sapic(_dot_)org <john(_at_)sapic(_dot_)org> wrote:
Is it possible to delete mail in a pop account during the archiving
process?

You should be able to tell whatever POP client fetches mail from the POP
server to tell the POP server to delete retrieved messages after the
client has received them.  You may want to keep an unarchived copy of
the messages on the client host, perhaps in mbox format, in case you
ever want to rebuild an archive from scratch.

For more abut POP, see:

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1939.html

for more specific to your POP client, knowing what
client you have and similar details might be helpful.

I guess I should have been more specific. Sorry!  What I am asking is this.
Is it possible for MHonArc to delete pop mail after it is done archiving it?
I am going to run MHonArc as a scheduled event daily on an NT box and I
would like all the mail that is archived to be deleted from the pop server
at that time.  I don't want to save the mail in a mailbox and I'm not
building an index or thread page.  I'm going to use Verity to perform search
engine details for the archive.

John