mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc and PHP (for <TITLE> Generation)

2000-02-03 13:54:29
On 2/3/2000 at 9:42 AM, Peter(_dot_)Losher(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com (Peter
Losher) wrote:

Is there any way to have MHonArc parse out the (")'s in the subject
before generating that PHP statement?  (I have been doing them by hand
in the meantime)

I've never written a line of PHP, but I suspect that the reason this
hasn't come up here before is that it's less of a mhonarc issue than a
PHP issue.  How PHP chooses to escape quotes in strings sounds pretty
general.

A quick glance over php.net FAQs seems to suggest that something called
"magic_quotes.runtime" in a PHP initialization file is the right switch
for escape issues such as you describe.

<http://www.php.net/manual/html/configuration.html#INI.MAGIC-QUOTES-RUNTIME>

Does this look practical for your purposes?

  -nat

--
Nat Irons           |  873D 7978 23FC 37FE 10D5  | "Which" is deletable
lexical(_at_)bumppo(_dot_)net  |  349A F57F 0FAA F4D4 B19A  |  and