mhonarc-users

MHonArc and PHP (for <TITLE> Generation)

2000-02-03 12:04:26

I did check the archives before sending this message (actually I am
surprised that it hasn't come up before)... And apologies if this message
shows up more than once (I was subscribed to this list under a address that
has since changed)

The organization that I do some work under has a extensive MHonArc mail
archive for their mail archives.  Now all of this is written to use their
PHP includes (for HTML formating purposes).  One slight problem - in these
archives, we use the message subject as part of the HTML title (using the
$SUBJECTNA variable).  Normally this works great - EXCEPT when the message
subject has quotes ("), then PHP is unable to parse it, because it ends up
looking like:

<?php $title="How Does "this" work"; ?>

Is there any way to have MHonArc parse out the (")'s in the subject before
generating that PHP statement?  (I have been doing them by hand in the
meantime)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have...

(I am using MHonArc v2.4.3)

Best Wishes - Peter

---
Peter Losher
<Peter(_dot_)Losher(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request