mhonarc-users

archiving and searching

2000-03-15 16:09:26
I am using MHonArc 2.4.4 to archive and Excite for Webservers to index and
search. The Excite application shows the first 5 lines of each message.
Because of the archive, all the header information from MHonArc shows as
the summary, which isn't real useful to tell what the message is about.
The following is an example:

Salem October 25?

It appears that Excite is the problem. So, are there any good suggestions
about what index/search software to use for a Solaris 2.7 platform? I am
using Majordomo and I understand that Wilma is available to interface
Majordomo with Glimpse. However, I also understood that the newer versions
of Glimpse had a problem adding new messages to the archive and that it
would be a good idea to use an older version. Is that still true, and if
so, where can I find older versions?

Christopher Adams
Automated Systems
Oregon State Library
chris(_at_)sparkie(_dot_)osl(_dot_)state(_dot_)or(_dot_)us