mhonarc-users

[no subject]

2000-04-06 15:16:56
On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:04:53 -0700
Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> wrote:

On April 4, 2000 at 21:18, J C Lawrence wrote:
Can I extract bits of the messages that MHonArc is processing as
$string$, such as specific header fields and the message body
itself?  Can I get them with escaped quotes?

The only header fields are the ones that have resource variables
for.  There is no builtin method to access arbitrary fields.

Ahh, yes.  I think that will be enough header-wise (and I'll be able
to fake the rest).

What I'd like to do is to use MHonArc and PHP together to create
archives that have a "reply" button that allows the browsing user
to easily reply to a message in the archives.  This in itself is
not difficult to do -- except that I don't see how to get MHonArc
to do its end:
  To extract the body of the message,, and without MHonArc's
HTML-ising of email addresses and URLs (ie no a-ref insertions)
as another variable with escaped quotes.  eg $MESSAGE_BODY$="Hi
Boffo!\nI went and saw \"Titanic\" with the wife last night...".

Message body is static once converted.

Okay.  Is there any way to directly affect the message body as it
goes into the final HTML file?

If MHonArc could make all the quoted strings in the HREFs etc use
single quotes (as versus double), I could work me way around the
rest by having MsgPgStart end with

  $variable="

and MsgPgEnd start with

  ";

to effectively surround the body as a quoted string (and relying on
the fact that you'll &quot; all the user-visible doube quotes in
between), I might be able to fudge the rest of the way.  (BTW: Will
MHonArc allow unbalanced quotes in its config stanzas?)

Can MHonArc be persuaded to use single quotes for HREFs and the
like?

Note, you may be able to create custom mime filters to output PHP
code for message bodies.

Aye, I started looking at that.

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu