mhonarc-users

Re: Controlling text/html vs text/plain

2000-06-20 00:14:37

In other words, which part you choose to display is purely a local matter.
There's nothing anywhere that says that the ability to display the "most
faithful" version requires you to display it.

I would second this kind of capability.  In our case, we would
always prefer to display plain text over HTML. In fact, we are
considering taking the extra step you mentioned of installing
the NULL filter for text/html docs, simply because we don't
(from a security perspective) want "funny stuff" slipping into
the documents being presented on our site.

But security aside, I think the ability to choose the
precedence of mime types to display when one overrides the
other would be an extremely useful capability.

Opinion roughly worth the paper it was printed on :)

Thomas

Thomas Reinke                            Tel: (905) 331-2260
Director of Technology                   Fax: (905) 331-2504
E-Soft Inc.                         http://www.e-softinc.com
Publishers of SecuritySpace     http://www.securityspace.com