mhonarc-users

Re: Libraries

2000-07-10 22:52:34
On July 5, 2000 at 17:49, ERIC PRETORIOUS wrote:
/home/sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6/mhonarc did not return a true value at /home/
sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6/webnewmail-eric line 31.
554 "|/home/sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6/webnewmail-eric"... unknown mailer
error 2

Earl Hood wrote:
What does the contents of /home/sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6/mhonarc
look like?  Also what version of Perl are you using?

Earl:

Ug! After pondering your question as you asked it *literally* instead of
assuming that you meant just the directory, I decided to take a closer
look at the executable file using more:

sunps:/home/sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6> more mhonarc
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use lib qw(/home/sunps/Apps/MHonArc2.4.6/lib);

Wow - That doesn't seem right! (install.me _really_ doesn't like my
system!) The mha* files (mha-dbedit, mha-dbrecover, etc.) had the exact
same contents, too! If they had been completely empty, I would have
caught them the first time...

...so I followed the instructions for a Manual Installation and
extracted MHonArc2.4.6.tar into another directory and copied the /doc
files, the /lib files, the executable file, and the mha* files to the
MHonArc directory and things seem to be working now.

Wow - What a relief!

I'm going to go home and have a beer now.

Good night and thank you.

--
Eric P.
SunPS Web Infrastructure Team