mhonarc-users

<x-html> tags and the like

2000-07-20 18:09:50
Hello everyone!

I have been using MHonArc to index an old Eudora archive. So far things have been going well. I was hoping someone could provide some insight to this problem.

I had about 8 messages that in the body of the e-mail had HTML formatted text. This HTML layout was surrounded by the <x-html> </x-html> tags in the archive file. When the <x-html> tag was in place, the only thing seen on my final archived page was a </x-html>. Removing both these tags from the .mbx file allowed the HTML formatted text to be show. It was only after I took these steps, and cut and pasted the body text into the .mbx file that my archived files looked correct. I know this is a round a bout way to do this but being "Nick the New Guy" I couldn't get a rc/filter file to work correctly( BTW is how I thought this problem should be rectified). My filter.rc file is this:

<MIMEArgs>
text/*;maxwidth=400 nonfixed
text/x-html;nofont
text/html;nofont
</MIMEArgs>

<MIMEFilters>
text/*;m2h_text_plain::filter;mhtxtplain.pl
text/x-html;m2h_text_html::filter;mhtxthtml.pl
text/html;m2h_text_html::filter;mhtxthtml.pl
</MIMEFilters>

And on a side note, anyway to get the date to show up under the hyperlink on the main date or thread index page?

Regards,
Steve Crandall
Aether Wire & Location, Inc