mhonarc-users

using MHonArc via aliases

2000-07-17 18:33:26
I've got MHonArc adding mails fine automatically now via a .procmailrc
recipe file that sits in the mail recipient's $HOME directory:

:0
| /usr/bin/mhonarc -outdir /home/httpd/html/lists -add

I'd like to get rid of that user altogether without dumping the list and
able to continue receiving mail as always.  I have thought about an alias,
such as mailing lists like SmartList use, and have tried adding something
like this to aliases:

faxguy: "| mhonarc -outdir /home/httpd/html/lists -add"

But however I try it, the mail always bounces with this error:

ERROR: "/home/httpd/html/lists" is not writable
554 "| mhonarc -outdir /home/httpd/html/lists -add"... unknown mailer error 2

What am I doing wrong, or can MHonArc not be run from aliases this way?

Thanks.
Lee Howard