mhonarc-users

Re: using MHonArc via aliases

2000-07-17 20:42:59
Lee Howard wrote:
I have thought about an alias,such as mailing lists like SmartList use,
and have tried adding something like this to aliases:

faxguy: "| mhonarc -outdir /home/httpd/html/lists -add"

But however I try it, the mail always bounces with this error:

ERROR: "/home/httpd/html/lists" is not writable
554 "| mhonarc -outdir /home/httpd/html/lists -add"... unknown mailer error 2

What am I doing wrong, or can MHonArc not be run from aliases this way?

Lee:

I suspect that the () is not writable by the userid/groupid that the
sendmail process runs under.

I've experienced this myself: We use an entry in the /etc/mail/aliases
file to pipe incoming messages to MHonArc.

The Devil's in the details.

--
Eric P.
SunPS Web Infrastructure Team